my problem was: how can I connect my Iphone 6 to my fresh installed Open VPN Server.
The answer was pretty straight forward. By installing the app OpenVPN Connect.
To connect, you will need the *.ovpn file from your pivpn installation.
Installation on mobile Devices using a NAS Server
- Now copy the *.ovpn file which is created while the pivpn installation (file path should be printed on screen), to your NAS Server.
- Get the app FileExplorer for IOS form AppStore
- Connect to your NAS Server and choose the *.ovpn file.
- In the appering dialog choose “Open with”.
- Select the Opnevpn Connect app.
- Now click on the little + Symbol and enter the password.
Word of warning:
Openvpn Connect suggests to simply send the *.ovpn file as an email attachment.
I would not recommend that! Email is insecure, and in case your email account in compromised, your local network will be also.
Here are the links to the app for Iphone and Android.
„OpenVPN Connect“ on App Store
„FileExplorer“ on App Store
OpenVPN for Android and Android-Apps on Google Play
Open Source OpenVPN Client for Android.
How to configure it? I’ll be providing a small video on this matter and link it here.