I just bought a used Galaxy Tablet. But unfortunately the previous owner decided to install a rooted version of the operating system
in this case it is samsungs android 4.4.2 with touchwiz ui.
To have some apps running, for example my banking app, its is crucial to have an untouched unrooted android system.
otherwise the tempering check of those apps will fail.
So in this cases first thing you wil need is a couple of files:
Odin (software to flash the tablet.) download at http.//www.odindownload.com
Unrooted firmware package. download at http://www.sammobile.com
Also you have to register at sammobile it is absolutely worth it.
In my opinion the only site to get a valid package for all samsung models.
Be careful which package to download. Make sure that it fits your model.
in may case:
Samsung Galaxy Tab3 8.0 Wifi+Cellular (SM311)
Then attach the tablet to your windows computer.
Make sure that it’s correct configured. so that you can download its files via windows explorer.
Now follow the next steps precisely
IT IS POSIIBLE THAT YOU DAMANGE THE DEVICE PERMANENTLY !!! BE CAUTIONS!!!
I AM NOT RESPONSIBLE FOR ANY DAMAGE! PROCEED AT YOUR OWN RISK!
- download Odin Version 3.07 ( I just tested that version. the other may also work well )
- download your firmware from sammobbile
- extract the zip package
- detach the tablet.
- power it down
- press the volumne-down and the powerbutton simultaneously
- wait until the warning screen appears
- continue by pressing volume up
- attach the table again to your computer
- start the odin software
- MAKE SURE: that odin recognized the device by com3 or 4
- MAKE SURE THAT THE CHECKBOX RE-PARTITION IS –>>NOT<<– CHECKED
- click the button PDA the second in the block of five. i think it was renamed after version 3.07
- choose the extracted tar.md5 files
- wait until odin checked the files
- press start
- wait until the process ended. the tablet restarts automatically. do not unplug the device wile processing. it while cause permanent damage!
And you have successfully unrooted the device.